Black Diamond is a potent indica-dominant strain that’s been gaining popularity in recent years. It was created by crossing Blackberry with Diamond OG, a strain derived from the famous OG Kush strain. Black Diamond is known for its potency, flavor, and dense, sticky buds. It’s also highly prized for its unique balance of indica and sativa effects.
Black Diamond Strain Info
- The average THC level is between 18-24%.
- The average CBD content is around 1%.
- This strain is most commonly used for chronic pain, anxiety, stress, and insomnia.
The dominant Black Diamond strain terpenes include myrcene, caryophyllene, and pinene.
How to Identify the Strain
Black Diamond buds are dense, elongated, and a deep dark purple in color. The leaves are a pale sage, and it has brown pistils with beautifully contrasting icy white trichomes.
Black Diamond Strain Effects
Many people enjoy the Black Diamond strain for its long-lasting effects and its ability to induce deep relaxation. For this reason, it’s a popular strain choice for those who suffer from insomnia and a busy mind.
What You Can Expect
- Effects from this strain can come on a bit slower than other strains. However, once the high hits, it’s long-lasting and can be very powerful. The effects are felt in both mind and body, making this a very well-balanced strain.
- The strain has a sweet, earthy aroma with hints of lemon and pine. The taste is similar, with a sweetness that is both pleasant and subtle.
- Depending on the amount consumed, this strain can be couch-locking and highly sedating. Therefore, this strain is best used during the evening, when you’re looking to unwind and settle in for the night.
The most common effects include uplifted feelings, tension relief, and body and mental relaxation. You can also expect to experience enhanced creativity and quality of sleep.
Black Diamond Strain Grow Info
- Black Diamond strain seeds have not yet been cultivated for commercial growing.
- This strain can be grown using clippings of mature plants to create clones.
- This strain produces short, bushy plants
- The Black Diamond strain flowering time is roughly 8-9 weeks.
Strains Similar to Black Diamond
If you like the effects you get from the Black Diamond strain, you may also like some of these popular strains. They have similar relaxing, mind and body effects:
Granddaddy Purple- Granddaddy Purple delivers a high that is both cerebral and body-numbing. This strain is well-known to melt away anxiety, calm the mind, and balance your mood.
Alien OG- Alien OG is a hybrid strain created by crossing Tahoe OG and Alien Kush. Like Black Diamond, it’s known for producing heavy-bodied effects and a mind-calming cerebral buzz. It’s a heavy hitter that’s great for anxiety, pain, stress, and insomnia.
Blackberry Kush- This potent indica strain was created by crossing Afghani with Blackberry. It’s known for its relaxing effects, as well as its ability to knock out pain with a full body high. Blackberry Kush is perfect for anyone struggling with pain management, insomnia, or stress-related tension.
Hindu Kush- Hindu Kush is another indica strain that will have you relaxed, lazy, and sleepy. This strain hits mentally and physically and is perfect for a night of unwinding. If you suffer from chronic pain, stress, or anxiety, you may want to give this strain a try.
Where to Purchase
*This article is not intended to serve as medical advice and is for informational purposes only. Please consult a doctor.
You May Also Like: